Saturday, March 19, 2011

Is Vanish Really Work?

Number 199 - Samael "Exodus"

Sitting from some time in the crossfire of questions, another for a good case could be expected. Despite this, I could not hide the surprise when I heard - as you imagine your listening habits in 5 years?

I never gave it further thought. Music has always been an integral part of my life, but I never imagined going into the next steps, say, in a great simplification, based on the theme: songs with stories for children-> Pop-> Rock-> soul-> jazz> classic-> funeral march. It all started with the certainty of Talk Talk - their "The Party's Over" was the first album that consciously listened to, after several years of indecision - a bit of pop music, something from the 70 '- Electric Light Orchestra least, Mozart, a little poetry sung (for a festival in the mountains, I came up with my mom and her friends) and children's fascination with electric guitars - their songs I learned to play the simple chords first. Then a big reluctance to Pink Floyd, scenes from the film version of 'The Wall' generate dreaming my nightmares at night.

big breakthrough in the perception of music came from, "So Much For The Afterglow" - the album, which today occupies a place of honor in my own collection. From the time of the first hearing of Talk Talk never felt such a thrill. One pulled another breakthrough - if so far taplaƂem the shallows, now dive deep into the ocean of music. It's time for punk, post-punk, britpop, and finally to the dark side - a dark variety of metal, black sweatshirts with the ladies in bathtubs full of blood and stitched the patches grandmother. Somewhere in all this became entangled Gothic, cold and elements of new wave and folk-hip-hop (Beck).

first year of study is a momentary affair with progressive rock and the rediscovery of an old collection of cassettes dad, cd Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, Marillion, and then eventually return to the post-rock atmosphere, post punk, folk. It's all grabbed you by the hand of the electronic, shoegaze, jazz, and another year further contributed heavily names, styles, podstyle, music and the music simply regarded as "ambitious." I get lost in the thinking about them, let alone in their calculation.

- So, how do you imagine your musical tastes? - Repeated asked Mrs. impatient with staff. Awoke. I did a brief calculation in his head and sticking to the old rule - history is fickle - I answered the question: - are here to Youtube?



0 comments:

Post a Comment